Friday, March 19, 2010

Concept Revisited





My concept is generated base on these 4 pictures. My project for this semester is build the Pakistani Embassy. Therefore, I need to create a building that is very significant to Pakistan, something that is in common with Pakistan, a building that when people see from far, they could straight away recognize that it is a Pakistani Embassy.

Therefore, my interpretation towards that is to relate back Pakistan with its early history, the beginning of Pakistan. After doing the research, one thing that attracted me was about the Mohejo-Daro Great Bath during the Indux Valley Civilization. Since that civilization was the origin of Pakistan, I believed it is the most suitable element for me to relate with my concept. "Bring back history into life!"

People might say what is the relevant of having this as my main approach to design a building that needs to look contemporary as it main requirement? My explanation is easy. An embassy is mainly used by the particular residents and it purpose is mainly involving those issues with the original country such as dealing with nationality, passport and cultural activities. It is the new beginning at a new country. This is where we could easily see that most of the people coming here are from the same background and could actually feel the connection and at least have something in common to talk about, their own country. Therefore, by interpreting it as a beginning of the Pakistan at the different world is definitely something could be accepted by all. In fact, that is basically the main purpose of having the embassy - to help the oversea's original residents!

Thus, since this is mainly involving with architecture, I want to re-create back moment that could be found during Indus Valley Civilization by injecting some of its elements that mainly could be found from its popular great bath, into the contemporary aspect of this embassy as a way of combining two different culture into one building that is very significant to the Pakistani in Australia and the Australian themselves.


No comments: