Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Concept

I am still doing my research on this project. Since I am going to design an embassy, my approach is to have a building that can portray about the country of the embassy. In my case, I want people to straight away get the idea that it is the Pakistani Embassy.

In order to realize that, I am deeper my research into the culture of Pakistan since this is the best element could be used in portraying Pakistan through the architecture of the embassy. One thing that trigger me the most is about the Islamic architecture. This is because, Muslim in Pakistan appears to conquer 97% of the population which make Pakistan as an Islamic country.

Since religion is always number 1 in Muslim's life, the design that I need to do about this embassy must be Islamic-friendly. The reason is because, as we know that an embassy is a place where the residents of particular country to get together and at the same time, the place where they could practice their belief and culture in an open-way. They want to have the freedom in doing the activities which they used to do at their own country. In other words, an embassy is like a small portion of their country but being placed distance away from the original land. It is a place that is being borrowed for them to reminiscence their older days at their own country.

Therefore, after considering all these, the element that I believe could help me in achieving what I want is to actually try to relate my design with the architecture of a mosque. A mosque in Muslim's view, based on the Islamic history is not functioned just as a place for prayers but during the early era, it is being used for people to meet up, discussion, madrassah and any knowledgeable activities. By considering that, I believe this really suits well with the Pakistani Embassy.

Anyway, that was just my initial approach. I might be changing it to something else if and only if I found anything which is more interesting that this.

No comments: